Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The First Snow of the Year!

The first big snow of the year finally came this weekend! Lexi and Gabby came over and we built a snowman and went sledding in the "Pit". Lexi and Gabby were having so much fun out there!

This is so sweet! Gabby gave the snowman a hug and a kiss it was soooooo cute!

We decided to have a sled race down the hill on the side of the house, the girls loved it! Unfortunately we couldn't really stop ourselves before we got to the road so we ended up sliding into the road. Luckily there weren't many cars out that day.



Lexi loved going down the hill on her stomach! I hadn't been sledding in so long, it was great! I miss those days at the pit. Unfortunately the people neighboring "the pit" planted a whole bunch of bushes so that you can't slide down the best hill.



This was when Gabby and I landed in the road...luckily the neighbors who were driving down the street at the time were going slow and watching us so nothing happened. I'm just glad we didn't pop the tube while we were sliding along the gravel.

This was before we pulled out the tubes, the girls tried to slide down the hill without them. It didn't work very well so Grandpa had to pull them down the hill.

1 comments:

John and Cathryn said...

Cute pictures of your neices! We still haven't had a HUGE snow storm yet..which I am kind of happy about so I don't have to drive home in snow. Did you cut your hair again? It looks shorter.